Wednesday 5 October 2016

Sapphire Eyes

Your face appears to me amidst a dream
Sapphire eyes blinking, hot stars in the night sky
Peach lips part and you whisper softly
"You should open up more"
Your voice like a calm spring breeze

I didn't know what you meant
But I don't think you meant like this
No, never like this.

I open up and I bleed
All over my mother, she screams that I'm staining the floor
I open up and I bleed
All over my father, he shouts to get a plaster

I hear their voices
My insides coat the bannisters of our empty hallway
The oily red staining the brown, turning Maroon
I've always liked this colour I think to myself
But it makes my parents really mad

I hear them again
"Get a towel" my mother screams
Is it to stem the bleeding I wonder?
No. She starts scrubbing the floor.

I slump down. I see stars.
I hear my mother yelling
"What have you done?!"
What have I done?

Where are your sapphire eyes?
I blink my eyelids closed
I'll see them again once I sleep

Where are your sapphire eyes?
I feel your peach lips upon my cheek
As butterflies dance over our skin

I see your eyes.
Your sapphire eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment